Junior Software Developer for AN (Iasi)
Passionate about programming but also interested in smart cars? Take a look at our Junior Software Developer role in the Architecture & Networking team.
These should spark your interest:
- You will participate to the development of an extensive range of products;
- In AN department, our portfolio includes features as: over the air update, emergency calls, stolen vehicle tracking, vehicle location by GPS, wireless vehicle safety communications, vehicle diagnostics, maintenance notifications, navigation, cluster control, communication using a wide range of protocols (USB, ETH, CAN etc.);
- As a software developer in our team, you develop hardware-related software for innovative telematics & infotainment products;
- You are responsible for the conception and implementation of the components;
- You are involved in development and improvement activities;
- You work in Agile teams and in a SAFE environment with focus on learn, adapt and improve.
You can be a perfect match to our team if you have:
- University degree in a relevant field (i.e. Automatic Control and Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Electronics and Telecommunication, Electrical Engineering, etc.);
- Minimum 1 year of experience with C or Embedded programming language;
- Good knowledge of OOP, principles in C++ or other Object Oriented Languages or knowledge of Embedded programming language;
- You have good knowledge of C/C++;
- You have basic knowledge of programming under generic operating systems (e.g.: Linux, Windows);
- You are skilled in logical and structural thinking;
- You have good communication skills and team oriented approach;
- You are advanced in English (speaking, writing and listening).
Would be a plus if you:
- Have experience in automotive industry;
- Have experience in software development process;
- Have experience in SW Tools: Jira, git, etc;
- Have knowledge in Agile process;
- Have basic Electronics knowledge.
What we offer:
- The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December;
- Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron;
- Flexible working time;
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations;
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents;
- Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus;
- Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you private medical insurance which offers a wide range of medical services;
- Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc;
- Tires discount - Purchase best Continental tires at a special price.
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea);
- Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days;
- Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus;
- Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis);
- Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27);
- Sabbatical year - Take up to one year off and come back on the same position, according to our internal policies;
- Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company;
- Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company;
- In-house restaurant & coffee corner.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
Within Architecture and Networking, we provide systems, software, services and complete end-to-end solutions for networked mobility in the vehicle and beyond. We develop our innovative solutions along our strategy “Connect.Inform.Integrate.” We provide technologies to connect vehicles with the cloud, other vehicles or road users and the infrastructure. From products to services, we protect the connected vehicle by advanced Cyber Security solutions, and we offer solutions for intelligent fleet management.