FH_202308_109_Controller - Customer Center S5
The Controller Manager Position is a valued Business Partner to the Customer Center Head helping develop customer center strategy, minimize engineering costs, and maximize profitability.
Leads all financial topics required to support business decisions and Customer Center:
• Quoting process to ensure maximum financial benefit.
• Profit and Loss, cash flow and balance sheet accruals.
• Program controlling – drive profitability to meet award financials.
• Budget, Forecast, Actuals and related variance analysis.
• Forecast, analysis, variance reporting and long-range planning of P&L.
• Financial reporting including preparation of data, charts and presentations for internal meetings.
• Tracking of customer price changes and lump sum productivity payments.
• Profitability improvements, analysis and optimization including contribution margin, material cost, reDTC and license cost, R&D, Reimbursements, Customer Funded Tooling, A/R, inventory, price liabilities, warranty liabilities, and E&O.
• Ensure timely payment of invoices due and quick resolution of overdue accounts receivable. Drive Sales and KAM to negotiate resolution.
• Definition and preparation of supplier and customer claims. Drive sales and KAM to negotiate resolution.
• Applying corporate policies at the Customer Center level. Ensure that accounting standards, legal regulations and corporate compliance rules are adhered to in all areas.
• Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required.
• 7+ years of progressive experience and responsibility in various accounting and finance functions.
• 3+ years supervisory experience.
• Accounting (IFRS) knowledge.
• FIRE, Excel, GPS, SAP, Knime, Power BI expert.
• Masters in Business Administration or Finance.
• Evidence of stretch assignments that reflect superior performance in previous roles.
• Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
• Proven experience in building and managing financial models for business
forecasting, variance analysis and problem solving.
• Ability to turn the data into clear actionable programs.
• High comfort level with details and complicated data, can dive deep and
communicate implications and solutions.
• Experience with cross cultural international teams.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
We make individual mobility safer, more comfortable and more sustainable. As a partner to the automotive industry, Continental develops and manufactures components, modules and systems. The safety and comfort of road users are at the center of our work. In addition, we develop ever more products which contribute to the protection of the environment by reducing fuel consumption.
Continental is one of the five largest automobile suppliers worldwide. Our development centers and production facilities are located where our customers are, so we are always nearby – worldwide. Many of our business units have excellent competitive positions: We are number one worldwide for foundation brakes, safety electronics, telematics, vehicle instrumentation, and fuel supply systems, and number two for electronic brake systems and brake boosters. We are the fourth worldwide for tires and are the European market leader for passenger and light truck tires, winter tires, and industrial tires. Our ContiTech division is the world market leader for foils used in vehicle interiors, conveyor belts, as well as for air springs used in rail transportation technology.
The Plant is certified on IATF 16949, ISO 14001, ANSI ESD S.20-2007, IEC 61340-5-1:2007.