North America Accounts Payable Team Leader
- The Accounts Payable Team Lead provides regional functional leadership and management responsibility for Manila Accounts Payable team, and has accountability for the effective and efficient processing of the Global Center’s accounts payable process that is part of the Procure to Pay function.
- Provides clear leadership and direction around day-to-day management of the team’s work.
- Ensure that individual team members are appropriately supported and the team’s load is appropriately resourced to deliver timely, quality and value add accounts payable services.
- Manage communications and the flow of information to and from the team so that individual team members are kept informed of and are aligned to company’s strategy and priorities.
- Ensures that management of Accounts Payable, global payment, and Travel & Expense processing activities are based on the agreed process, procedures, and service level agreement.
- Ensures that Travel / PCard Administration and related auditing activities are in compliance with the policy
- Review and approves G/L reconciliation prepared by A/P Accountant (Blackline)
- Reviews and validates AP accrual report created by the team member
- Preparation of AP performance report
- Validates, approve and sign-off weekly/monthly/quarterly reports that are essential with the - - Accounts Payable function (eg: Potential Duplicate Review, OTV Report, Uncashed Checks).
- Reviews and approves payment batches and wires schedules (prior to payment by Treasury).
- Ensures that invoices for payments are valid and are authorized for payments.
- Identify, drive and sustain AP process improvements and cost efficiency
- Lead implementation of technology-related process improvement opportunities (e.g., new SAP version, imaging workflow, electronic payment applications, tangro, ERS, EDI, etc.).
- Lead future Accounts Payable / S4 Hana migration
- Plan, organize, lead and control the work of the teams to ensure that objectives are achieved and services are delivered to the customers/stakeholders.
- Manage the performance of team members, including hiring, training, coaching, performance correcting (disciplinary actions), career planning
- Responsible for delivering results on Service Level Agreements and related Key Performance Indicators.
- Creates action plan on red KPI's and monitor the closure.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 to 8 years of work experience in Accounts Payable, Cash Disbursement and Travel & Expense, 3+ years experience in leadership, people, change, and stakeholder management
- Cross functional experience in other accounting/finance functions
- Experience in process improvement activities
- SAP knowledge and work experience
- At least 1 year project management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in working with international teams
- Understanding of different cultures
Hybrid work setup
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Global Business Services in Manila started in June 2012 as Veyance Technologies Inc. and was acquired by Continental AG in January 2015. On the same year, it legally changed the company name to Continental Global Business Services Manila Inc., which reflects its global presence as a full-fledged subsidiary of ContiTech Division in Continental AG.
GBS Manila is composed of five (5) main work streams, structured to make processes centralized, standardized, and in leveraged technology with the support of IT group, Continental Business Systems & RPA Competence Center.
It provides end-to-end, front-to-back services; from customer service, order management, purchasing, invoice to payment, credit and collection, full finance activities, data management, and HR services including payroll, employee benefits and talent acquisition; all built to meet its customers needs.