Quality and Wear Test Method Development Engineer (m/f/d) - REF35431P
The Test Method Development Department Tire Wear is responsible for developing and providing optimal evaluation methods for all tires.
You will be responsible for all relevant quality requirements within Global Tire Testing (GTT) Wear department (50%) and for tire wear and related emissions test method development for all kinds of tires (50%).
In detail your tasks will be:
- Responsible to implement, maintain and continuously improve all relevant quality requirements within GTT wear department. Regarding quality systems, quality processes and documentation such as IATF 16949, ISO 17025, TISAX or Technical compliance and further requirements
- Accompany of audits
- Establishment and maintenance of quality standards within the tire wear test department
- Wear and durability/ robustness test method development for all kinds of tires (including Passcar-, Truck- and Specialty- tires). This includes vehicle, indoor and laboratory test methods
- Investigations about tire wear related emissions are part of our daily work.
- Leading test method development projects
- Analysis and evaluation of interactions between test parameters, tire constructions, application conditions and test results (inclusive statistical analysis)
- Determination of relevant service parameters for different applications. Transfer service parameters from field to indoor and outdoor test conditions
- Working in an interdisciplinary and intercultural environment
- Academic Degree in Natural Sciences or Engineering
- Prior knowledge of quality related requirements and/ or tire testing or similar are preferred
- Experience in project management needed
- Analytical abilities to solve complex tasks scientifically without losing sight of the practical results
- Fluent English language skills (spoken and written), German language skills are a plus
- Quick problem-solving capabilities
- Self-motivation, performance and target oriented
- Open and transparent communication skills
- Ability to present the results in a clear and convincing way
- Willingness to travel worldwide (about 10%)
Diversity creates value for a better tomorrow. We offer equal opportunities to everyone - regardless of age, gender, nationality, cultural background, disability, religion, ideology or sexual orientation.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.