Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it safer, smarter, more sustainable, and accessible to all. Our Uvalde, TX location is seeking a Test Engineer to join our Wear Testing department in the Continental Tire Proving Grounds. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Test Engineer will coordinate and perform wear tests, develop, and update test procedures, evaluate, and communicate test results to internal and external customers, ensuring data quality and reliability. The position also includes understanding operational goals, collecting requirements, writing designs, implementing, maintaining, hardware and software testing tools.
- Coordinate all Wear Testing activities to support internal and external customers (Passenger & Light Truck Tire customers 90% and Commercial Vehicle Tire customers 10%). Present test results to internal and external customers, including consultancies of internal customers (Passenger & Light Truck Tire customers 90% and Commercial Vehicle Tire customers 10%).
- The position will include supervisory responsibility with our tire laboratory technicians, to develop software tools and processes to improve operational efficiency and quality.
- Develop and support new test methods for new legal and OEM testing requirements (Passenger & Light Truck Tire customers 90% and Commercial Vehicle Tire customers 10%).
- Support and maintain the driver severity monitory system (BoCo) and provide daily feedback to test drivers.
- Participate in and lead corporate projects.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 2 years of practical related experience
- Understanding of testing methodologies
- Proficiency in Java (JAVA8, JEE, JSF), MS Office (Excel), Python
- Must be able to communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to explain complex concepts in simple terms.
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams and worldwide locations.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- Master Degree in Computer Science degree
- 5 years of related practical experience
- Proficiency in MATLAB, VBA (Excel)
- Experience in the automotive industry (particularly with tire testing)
- Understanding of vehicle mechanics, alignment, and electronics
- Experience with project management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.