Curing/Final Finish Electrical Engineer
In this role, you will budget, procurement, installation, start-up of Electrical Projects in the plant. Provide assistance in troubleshooting problem equipment within the Maintenance Department. Insure all drawings/prints are kept updated, all new equipment spare parts are set-up. Maintain plant interest in all projects for which outside or internal engineering in designing, procuring and starting up is required.
- Development of all plant projects in which equipment changes are made to achieve production
- Support Maintenance in troubleshooting, repairing, replacing problem equipment.
- Review all capital projects for the area assigned to insure acceptability for production and financial justification
- Arrange for adequate/proper production and maintenance training on all new equipment
- Monitor all installation activity in area assigned
- Work with Project Management for all capital projects in assigned area to insure implementation is successful
- Review all design packages (Electrical, Electronics, Power Distribution) bid documents to insure accuracy prior to installation
- Write appropriation requests for all necessary capital replacement equipment and new capital equipment in assigned area
- Assist Planner in acquiring spare parts for all new and obsolete equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related 4 year technical degree
- PLC knowledge
- Strong Technical, Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Results focused
- Good Leadership/motivation skills
- Strong Communication/Interpersonal acumen
- Project management background
- 2+ years in Manufacturing,
- Tire Industry experience
- Knowledge of Beckhoff and or Siemens PLC's
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and leadership skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Maintenance Technician III (8 hour shift 7AM - 3PM)
Industrial Engineering Intern - SMT (Surface Mount Technology)