Head of Continuous Improvement
The mission of the position is to plan, coordinate, and control all Continous Improvement activities and LEAN principles, to establish Continous Improvement and LEAN philosophy and methodology as well as to meet budget and LEAN targets (e.g. eliminate waste, maximize delivery performance, reduce cost and inventories). Furthermore, the Head of Continous Improvement initiates and implements action plans for continuous improvement of all plant processes, including plant back office processes.
We are looking for:
- Experiences in implementation of Continous Improvement principles, framework and LEAN methods, tools, knowledge, and understanding of plant key processes (business and production)
- LEAN Six Sigma qualification or similar DMAIC philosophy experience (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control)
- Manufacturing understanding and general business understanding, including the complete chain of value stream. Manufacturing systems, infrastructures, standards, and processes flow understanding
- Problem-solving and decision-making tools and techniques lean production/Continous Improvement principles, methods, and tools (e.g. production management system)
- Communication techniques, coaching, and training the trainer's experience (including presentation, change management, negotiation, and conflict resolution techniques)
- Leadership & management skills (incl. team-building, delegation, performance management, and people development techniques)Project management skills, tools, and techniques
- Understanding of Product life cycle management, systems, and technologies
- At least 3-5 years in a similar or conex position
- The English language is mandatory, German language is a plus
What we offer:
-The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
-Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
-Hybrid schedule – Work-life balance is important, so we offer you a
flexible schedule. Please agree this with your superior.
-Home office - We offer the possibility to work from home (the
percentage is agreed with the superior according to the business needs).
-Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you
a medical subscription through Signal Iduna.
-Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to
us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
-Bookster – Feed your body and your mind. You can borrow books and
you’ll receive them at the office.
-Sports benefits- It’s important to stay active, so we offer you the 7Card.
-Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and
we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers,
restaurants, kindergartens etc.
-System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal
improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you
the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive
bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your
-Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a
parent, you receive some extra free days.
-Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your
newborn with a bonus.
-Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support
you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a caseby-
-Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and
starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation
and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the
maximum you can achieve is 27).
-Transport from Timisoara area – You can choose to come with the bus
provided by the company if you’ll work from the office.
-Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself
within the company.
-Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no
matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different
nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In, Continental generated sales of € billion and currently employs more than people in 58 countries and markets. On October the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.