Thesis - Altitude Measurements for Drones - REF28050Z
We are looking for a (master) student (m/f/diverse) to support our team “Research and Advanced Engineering” in the field "Drones - Vertical Mobility" with an immediate start date by doing a previous internship and writing a thesis on the topic of "Development of a new method for the robust altitude measurements for aerial vehicles" for a period of approximately 6 months.
Your tasks will focus on the following activities:
- Getting to know the unmanned aerial vehicle solutions in Continental and the necessary development environment and tools
- Collecting the current state of technology for altitude measurements of aerial vehicles and describing their pros and cons
- Investigating competitors and their technology
- Defining the key performance parameters for the new method of altitude measurement
- Defining the conditions and the environment of the use cases to be evaluated
- Creating test scenarios
- Recording necessary data with the existing unmanned aerial vehicle
- Evaluating test results and analysing key performance parameters
- Optimizing algorithms in specific scenarios
- Student (m/f/diverse) in the field of IT, telecommunications, electrical engineering, microsystems technology, mechatronics or a comparable study
- Good knowledge of the programming languages C++, and Matlab/Simulink
- Good knowledge of high frequency technology
- Confident handling of the MS Office-Programs
- Excellent knowledge of German and good English language skills
- Willingness to travel
- Quick grasp, analytical skills, self-reliance and team spirit
Please remember to attach your current certificate of enrollment and also your current transcripts of records and an extract of certificate for a mandatory internship. Those documents are mandatory for processing your application.
If required, please submit your valid residence permit as well as your work permit, including the additional sheet.
Diversity creates value for a better tomorrow. We offer equal opportunities to everyone - regardless of age, gender, nationality, cultural background, disability, religion, ideology or sexual orientation.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.