Head of Quality
Role Model and leader of Quality Driven Culture. Primary Voice of customer in the plant. Communicate and inspire to implement quality ownership by everyone. Disciplinary head for plant quality teams and responsible for overall plant quality performance per the agreed relevant customer, internal and supplier KPI's. Driver of Continuous Improvements using advanced data management techniques and quality methods / tools; coordinating necessary deviation management and risk assessment activities. Set framework for Quality Management System to assure compliance with government, industry, customer and internal requirements. Drive Integration of the Continental / Automotive / BUs Quality Strategy throughout the plant organization. Drive and promote Quality First.
- Drive Integration of the Continental / Automotive / BUs Quality Strategy throughout the plant organization to achieve the Quality Vision.
- Drive and promote+B14 Quality First.
- Inspire Quality for Everyone to empower all levels of the organization to become owners of their quality performance.
- Role model of Yokoten: by fostering a reflective failure mindset, stregthening our continuous improvement / CBS culture, and sharing best practices, lessons learned, and read across in plant.
- Enhance cooperation, communication, team-support and exchange of lessons learned / read across and "critical issues" on time across Automotive plants, coresponding BU´s and Central Functions.
- Steer and promote structured problem solving methods (e.g. A3, Kata, 8Ds, DMAIC) within the plant, demanding Data Driven decision making, and innovating towards Industry 4.0, big data analytics, live data views, and predictive analysis methods.
- Inspire and drive Jidoka approach in the plant using data, root cause analysis and involvement of all levels of organization.
- Translate "Voice Of Customer" throughout the plant organization and relevant stakeholders.
- Assure implementation of customer quality requirements towards exceeding customer expectations.
- Manage customer portal(s) status and follow defined escalation process with fast complaint routing and leading structured problem solving to satisfy the customer incident closure cycle time expectations.
- Assure proper Customer Complaint process according to the agreements with customer and Continental standards.
- Integrate new customers/projects with alignment of QKAM organization, consequent early manangement plan of warranty/0km remote analysis tools.
- Exemplify professional comunication and integrity to achieve high customer satisfaction, trust and retention.
- Bachelor degree or master degree or similar in engineering or equivalent
- Fluent proficiency in English
- Certifications in quality management systems (IATF, VDA, CQI)
- At least 3 years in a leadership position, preferably in operational units with functional and disciplinary responsibility for other individuals
- Professional experience (at least 5 years) in quality and manufacturing field
- Experience in automotive business (approx. 2 years) and understanding of automotive environment
- Experience in working with international teams on Quality issues
- Cross functional experience (preferred)
- Experience with manufacturing/ R&D projects (at least 2 years)Supplier development and Strong Customer contacts, continuous improvement, quality assurance, Six Sigma, production management, Industrial engineering.
- Understanding for different foreign cultures
At Continental we are committed to building an inclusive and discrimination-free ecosystem in Mexico, these principles are rooted in our corporate philosophy and culture. Therefore, it is totally forbidden to request a pregnancy or HIV test as part of our selection processes.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services