Slitter Operator (Pay Range $15.75 - $18.50)
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking a Slitter to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and, is dependable and would work well on a team.
The SFC employee participates in any improvement that is necessary to achieve customer satisfaction. Total commitment to SFC’s Quality Management System is a part of every employee’s responsibility in order to achieve and exceed SFC’s Quality Objectives. The job cuts rolls of fabric to run on loom.
- Follow safety requirements.
- Load rolls to be slit on the A frame.
- Set slitter cutters for correct width for each roll.
- Cut rolls to specified length.
- Report slit length in SAP, print SAP Batch Tickets, print Bar Code Tickets for all Continental Marysville’s rolls, and attach the tickets to rolls.
- Weigh the roll and verify that the weight of the roll and the calculated length of the roll match using the computer.
- Visually inspect the roll for stringing, slubs, dip dirt, centered on shell, and other issues, and repair as required.
- Once the roll passes the visual inspection, print an Inspected by Label.
- Sign/print your name, or employee ID verifying that the roll has been inspected on the label, and attach the label to the roll per appropriate method.
- Complete Daily Slitter Report (Ref. PD004).
- Complete weekly Emergency Stop Checklist.
- Complete weekly Crane Hoist Inspection Checklist.
- Complete Slitter Width Control Chart (Ref. PD005) as needed.
- Record waste on the Slitter Waste Report (Ref. PD006) and turn into the lab at shift end.
- Load shell for the next roll. The shell must not extend more than 7” past the fabric on each side of the roll.
- Clean slitter and work area as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- STANDING- Stand on hardwood and /or concrete floor for a minimum of 8 hours with two 10-minute breaks and one 20-minute lunch.
- MOVING (self)- Walk 500ft approx.10 times/per shift
- MOVING (materials)- Push wheeled boxes with 100-175 lbs of force from 50-100 ft. 10 times/shift. Pull 25 ends per row. Lifting 25 lb packages approximately 7 times every hour.
- forward with approx. 10-20 lbs of force for approx. 300 times/shift.
- HEARING/SPEAKING- Able to hear and speak with supervisors, technicians, and co-workers to perform job properly.
- REACHING- Reach overhead up to 24" approx. 300 times/shift. Reach downward and laterally up to 24" approx. 300 times/shift. Reach forward up to 18" approx. 600 times/shift.
- BENDING/STOOPING- Bend over up to 30" approx. 300 times/shift.
- VISUAL ACUITY- Color vision required with normal vision to distinguish yarn tints, proper codes, and quality defects. Must have good perception of quality.
- SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Ear plugs, steel-toed shoes, safety glasses.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Minimum of 6 months of continuous manufacturing or warehouse experience
- Understand and follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to do basic math and read
- Lift, move and position materials, use tools, equipment, etc. quickly and effectively.
- Knowledge of good shop practices.
- Operate lift trucks and other material moving equipment.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- $500 sign on bonus (new employees, after 90 days of acceptable attendance)
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and works well within a team environment.