Head of Project Management - global OEM (m/f/d) - REF20341Y
We are looking for you to support our global business with Occupant Safety Systems by managing following tasks and responsibilities with a high level of enthusiasm embedded in our value driven culture: For One Another, Passion to Win, Freedom to Act and Trust.
- Lead and manage acquisition, pre-/development projects for a global OEM
- Lead and develop the resident engineering team and provide leadership and coaching for PMs (m/f/d)
- Manage all personal and administrative activities for direct reports
- Ensure customer satisfaction through efficient project management and problem resolution
- Develop and execute global customer strategy in alignment with internal product and design roadmap
- Act as technical key contact and first escalation level for the customer on project and management level
- Lead the technical quote activities e.g. coordinate the collection of inputs for the quote to support the design, process etc.
- Ensure achievement of quality, cost and timing targets in assigned projects and drive proper project reporting
- Align customer strategy with sales, program management and other internal departments
- Ensure process compliance and drive and / or support common activities and special tasks related to process optimization, standardization and continious improvements
- Support series management activities related to e.g. to design change evaluation, change implementation for the customer in alignment with series management organization
- Academic degree in engineering or a comparable qualification
- Several years of experience in the automotive industry working as a project manager (m/f/d), preferably in the area of passive safety systems development
- Several years of experience working directly with a customer in the automotive field
- Advanced knowledge of project management processes
- Experience in leading large cross-functional international teams
- Intercultural awareness and experience
- Expert knowledge of project management processes and tools
- Business fluent English and good German language skills (written and spoken), French language skills would be of advantage
- Strong leadership and communication skills, problem solving skills, high degree of self motivation and ownership
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
We are the global technology leader for Integrated Safety Systems. Lean processes and perfect quality support our path to accident-free mobility. Our ideas and know-how safe LIFE.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits. Click here to find out more.
You are looking for an individual working time model? We support part-time work.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vision Zero, our vision of a world without traffic accidents, remains the goal of the Safety and Motion business area. Safety, comfort and driving dynamics are key elements in the development of new mobility solutions. Safety is non-negotiable, and the corresponding requirements will become even more stringent in the future. As a market leader in safety technologies, we can look back on a long tradition and extensive expertise in the areas of mechanical systems, electronics hardware, software, and vehicle and system architecture and integration. At the same time, it is our engineers, experts and teams around the world who have always contributed to making mobility safer with their clever ideas and passionate dedication, thereby helping to save lives. We are shaping safe mobility – today and for the future.