Team Leader – Software Engineering Interior Electronics
To strengthen the Interiors Team in our Porto Location we’re looking for dynamic and highly motivated people to join our management team.
As a team leader / manager you will not only coordinate a team of about 10 automotive engineers, but also actively participate in the development of high-quality solutions for our customers. Depending on your experience and preference, you will be able to demonstrate your knowledge working in one of these focus areas: Connectivity, Cyber Security, Body Electronics or HMI/Displays.
- Manage a team of highly qualified and motivated Software Engineers both disciplinary and technically;
- Mentor and develop the team members to reach their potential, fostering autonomy and ownership;
- Help grow the team by supporting in talent retention and recruitment activities, job interviews;
- Take on an active role in the development of customer projects by bringing in your technical knowledge and expertise;
- Assign tasks to team members, according to their competences and capabilities;
- Help the team identify and solve dependencies and blockers;
- Conduct team meetings and team events, fostering open communication and a feedback culture;
- Ensure high quality and on time project delivery;
- Support in the acquisition of new projects, e.g. in the clarification of technical feasibility and the effort estimation;
- Collaborate with other Team Leaders to shape the success of our Interior Segment;
- Cooperate in building a complex software systems that serves as a platform for the vehicle of the future.
- Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or a related engineering discipline;
- Several years of professional experience in software development for embedded devices;
- Good programming skills in C/C++ for embedded microcontrollers;
- Ability to work in international teams and with international customers;
- Good analytical capabilities and ability to systematically deal with challenges;
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership;
- Strong people skills and team-oriented mindset;
- Very good communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Professional experience in disciplinary and/or technical Leadership;
- Professional experience in automotive software development and the Product Life Cycle;
- Experience in working with hardware debugging tools and the ability to read schematics;
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR Classic and/or Adaptive architecture and configuration tools;
- Good understanding of Cryptography and vehicle communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet);
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems;
- Understanding of agile development processes (Scrum).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting and diversified projects;
- An inside in innovative technologies of the automotive industry;
- Wide network to research and development parties;
- Modern leadership culture;
- Individual choice of working times;
- Promotion of personal development;
- Participation to the company’s success.
If you meet the requirements, you will be contacted within 15 days.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Since 2006, Continental Engineering Services (CES) has been active worldwide as an independent operating provider of comprehensive engineering services. The extensive know-how and creativity of our engineers, as well as access to Continental’s entire technology pool, provides a unique position for our development: the flexibility and speed of small engineering teams combined with the strength of an internationally leading company. In addition, our adaptability enables established mass production technology to become a reality for small series and applications at economical costs.