Robotics-Final Assembly Team Lead - Manager
Design & Development
• use process requirements and design guidelines
• create and review equipment/production concepts; includes:
o safety risk assessment
o mechanical (end-of-arm tool, fixtures, frame, etc.)
o electrical/control (actuators, sensors, communication, HMI, PLC)
o software (PLC and HMI)
• component evaluation and sourcing
• document design (mechanical drawings, schematics, spare parts, etc.)
• debug and qualification of new equipment
• escalation point for production support topics
• mentor technical resources (engineers, technicians, etc.) to improve flexibility
• identify and implement production improvements
• weekend support as needed
• evaluate new technologies to enhance capabilities, some examples:
o new equipment
o robotics with integrated AI-enhanced vision
o advances to safeguarding
o applied Big data to facilitate machine learning for equipment robustness, process control, and intelligent maintenance
• document findings and share with global community
▪ Leads all performance management and coaching activities within the Robotics-Assembly team in coordination with the Human Relations Department; Actively mentors, coaches and motivates team in line with company policies and practices; Ensures proper training of employees on proper materials management functions; Supervises, trains and develops department employees to ensure short term and long-term goals are achieved.
• Schedule, manage, and communicate multiple project activities between multiple project team members to assure on time completion.
Bachelor in Engineering or equivalent degree
• 5 years experience in manufacturing using PLC's
• 5 years experience with industrial robots/cobots • • Knowledge of safety standards for machine design and risk assessment
• Machine building knowledge
• Must be able to work well on a team
• Strong, clear, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong verbal and documentation skills.
• Ability to create and execute work plans independently.
• Strong time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities • Ability to lead and inspire workers in a team environment. • Willingness and ability to train others.
• 2 years experience leading others
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Join the New Braunfels, TX team for the exciting journey of a new facility start-up (Greenfield). The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving. Join the Continental team that manufactures products that save lives everyday!