Product Industrialization Group Leader
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our APAC plant located in Malaysia is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Group Leader Product Industrialization to join our team! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Key target: Ensure flawless and timely industrialization process for new technologies and new products guided with an excellent Experimental Tire procedure.
Provide Technical support by triggering necessary Industrialization activities and business improvement measures.
Enable best value generation in tire plants via flexible sourcing approach while balancing cost and complexity effects at optimum level, and while ensuring product quality as a priority.
- Ensure flawless and timely industrialization process for new technologies and new products operated with an excellent Experimental Tire procedure.
- Act within own capacity to ensure all related processes, relevant procedures, and instructions (POMS) are executed all with regard to:
- Planning (e.g. budgets, capacities, timings, resources)
- Operation (e.g. C&B's, ETO's, RN's)
- Control checks (e.g. KPI's)
- Escalations (e.g. JF's).
- Run a group steering process aligned to the Product Development, Technology, Manufacturing and Regional Industrialization procedures. Define and update an appropriate regional related Industrialization strategy incl. action plan and drill down objectives to team tasks.
- Drive the 4-4-1 concept within the plant, promoting teamwork and efficient distribution of task within 4-4-1 and business team concept within the plant organization.
- Plan, gain approval, implement and control cost center and related projects budgets (salary/manpower, molds, tires, tests, others) that meet the agreed regional industrialization strategy as well as main department and business unit objectives. Ensure an alignment with other stakeholders and appropriate forecast accuracy within given period.
- Operate best value generation in tire plants via flexible sourcing approach while balancing cost and complexity effects ongoing on optimum level, all above at required product quality. In particular ensure all processes on Transfer, Complexity and Value Generation and proceed in own capacity, as advised from relevant instructions and guidance (POMS), all with regard to planning, operation, control checks and escalation.
- Operate required input to the RICP/FTB process from R&D as defined to address plant capability and capacity and ensure all feedback from RICP process back into R&D.
- Ensuring the quality goals of department within the addressed range of duty. In particular items which are addressed either via R&D or Central QM processes or which are advised directly from the senior management, all incl. related Know How generation and sharing. Ensure fulfillment of all legal and environmental requirements for the area of responsibility.
- Represent Head of Department and act on behalf in any internal meetings where delegated.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Insurance coverage for employee & dependent
• Annual Bonus
• Car Loan
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- 3+ year of professional working experience in an engineering or project management related position
- Fluent in English
- Competence with Microsoft Office software packages
- Self Motivated
- Intercultural sensitivity and inclusive behavior
- 5+ year of professional working experience in an engineering or project management related position
- Tire Development or Tire Manufacturing experience
- Fluent in German.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.