Global Category Purchaser (Category Management) – Electronics (TM)
The most critical thing in a negotiation is to get inside your opponent’s head and figure out what he really wants.” (Jacob Lew). If this sounds interesting to you, join our Strategic Purchasing Team by applying to this role.
Do you want to be a Category Purchaser? These should spark your interest :
- Development and execution of the global supplier strategy (reflecting Business Units requirements and latest developments on the global market);
- Market analysis and understanding of key global trends;
- Lead sourcing initiatives and annual price & contract negotiations with electronic components suppliers for all Continental Automotive plants worldwide;
- Implementing innovative negotiation concepts during sourcing to create the basis for procurement success;
- Supplier management in conjunction with cross-functional partners, such as R&D, Quality Assurance, and Supply Chain Management to select and develop the best suppliers and to establish an optimum supply chain model;
- Strategic purchasing technology lead for assigned technologies;
- Worldwide responsibilities within Continental as lead/champion for dedicated suppliers;
- Support improvement programs with Suppliers and Business Units (e.g. Design to Cost, Cost down measures, Introduction of new technologies, suppliers development, etc.);
- Planning, steering and monitoring of material field-specific targets, their implementation and results;
- Compiling and presenting information, related to sourcing process and results, to management committees and higher management.
This is what it takes to be a successful Category Purchaser:
- Academic degree OR comparable qualification;
- Strong team contributor;
- Professional experience in Purchasing/Procurement OR related relevant experience (i.e. Engineering, R&D etc.);
- Experience in supplier and/or commodity management, global sourcing, strategic purchasing is a significant plus;
- Very good negotiation skills;
- Exceptional problem solving and solution-oriented mindset;
- Affinity for strategic and analytical thinking
- Strong attention to details;
- Project management knowledge is a plus;
- Very good English skills (written and spoken);
- Comfortable in collaborating with cross functional and multicultural teams;
- Familiar with MS-Office (medium to advanced skills with Excel and PPT);
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills;
- Willingness to travel several times per year to various Continental’s or supplier’s locations, mainly within Europe.
- What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.