Function Development and Test Engineer (VED)
As Engineer in Function Development, you will work as a team member within a global engineering environment on the development of Vehicle Dynamics Control functions of state-of-the-art Electronic Brake & Safety Systems.
Your job profile is aligned to the V-model and includes project-specific definition and creation of functional requirements, development and safety concept during the Project Definition phase combine with Test Management Role.
During the Project Test and Integration phase your job profile includes integration, verification, and validation in various testing environments like Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL), Software-in-the-Loop (SIL) and Vehicle.
Additionally, some infrastructure activities for laboratories will be performed for the testing equipment.
- Responsible for Requirements Management on vehicle & system level
- Executes function and application tests in simulation environment (SIL/HIL)
- Creates and/or analyzes the function specific safety concept
- Defines and creates or analyzes functional system & safety requirements on vehicle level
- Consolidate and coordinate customer Requirements
- Elicitation of customer specific requirements
- Plans, executes, and documents project specific development & release activities on vehicle level
- Creates test specifications and documents test results
- Maintain the Test and Requirements Database for all application projects in NA
- Prepare and coordinate the System Release Testing at Vehicle Level
- Interface to internal customers in FD&VI (Project Management and Function Development) and to Systems RQ & TM and Software RQ support release activities in Function Development & Vehicle Integration
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- Understanding of standard SW and standard HW and their interfaces
- Basic experience in system engineering
- Being able to write Test Cases from Internal/Customer requirements
- Basic experience with vehicle bus system, data acquisition, CAN Communication and tools (e.g. CANalyzer)
- Knowledge in requirements and test management and tools (e.g. Doors/MKS/Jazz)
- Analytical thinking and systematic problem-solving skills
- Team player with strong focus on quality and customer orientation
- Must be able to travel year-round (may require travel up to 1 months to the U.S. during wintertime)
- Fluency in the English language (written and verbal)
- Valid driver’s license
- Degree in Engineering discipline with focus on automotive engineering
- Experience within development of vehicle dynamics, chassis or brakes
- Basic Knowledge in Simulation HW & SW (HIL/SIL, CarSim/Carmaker)
- Basic Knowledge in Matlab/Simulink
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services