Perform engineering support functions aligned with OEE, quality, delivery, and cost for machining processes. Provide process documentation, training, and support for Machinist Technicians in the area. Is a supporting role for PM's, maintenance, 5S, and general troubleshooting. Recommends and implements improvement opportunities. (German or Spanish language is a plus). A Lean mentality is a must.
- Working knowledge of CNC programming
- Keep all process documentation up to date to include (but not limited to)CAD drawings, work instructions, MTCN's, and Process sheets. Speed/Feed development aligned with cost and tool life targets.
- Interface with Manufacturing engineering, Production, Tooling Engineering, and Quality Engineering in coordination of projects, PPAPs, tool tests, quality issues, maintenance issues, and process changes to keep process (and process documentation) up to date and producing the best quality parts possible.
- Interface with Tooling Engineering, Manufacturing Engineers, and Quality Engineers to improve systems, documentation, and drawings within the system with the goal of continuous improvement.
- Assure accurate and timely completion of PPAPs and Tool Tests.
- Develop and maintain tool life systems and tool monitoring systems as related to Machining processes
- Develop programs and instructions for CNC machine handling, Automation, and any other related support equipment
- Regular upkeep and maintenance of tooling (work-holding fixtures) to ensure production of quality products
- Compliance to all Continental and Culpeper plant permits, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, environmental, health, safety, security, ISO 14001 and Environmental Management systems, IATF 16949 and Quality Management Systems, Human Resources policies, and Continental Business System elements.
- Perform analysis of parts (and related processes) that show chronic problems in production. Use tools in house to understand and correct issues caused by machine/tooling/process influence. Project team member to assist in new product launches, designs, and APQP activities as they relate to process engineering.
- Development and maintenance of systems for the purpose of increasing value added data, decreasing “written” data and moving more to electronic media, and decreasing downtime. Learn and understand all facets of machine operations and CNC programming where applicable
Associates degree, Trade or Technical school, or 10 years specific experience in CNC aluminum machining
* Two Year Technical Degree or 10+ years experience specific to aluminum machining
* NC Programming experience specific to Siemens 840C and/or 840D
* High Degree of Computer Skills, database experience or other programming is a plus
* Strong Interpersonal, Communication, and leadership skills
* Working knowledge of GD&T Tolerancing
* Working knowledge of PPAP, APQP, Control Plans, FMEAs
* Time Management Skills
* Previous teaching and or project facilitator experience helpful. Previous Quality Management Systems exposure and understanding of automotive machining, plating and assembly processes necessary
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.