ADAS Market Intelligence Manager
Product Line Roadmaps
- Regularly align with the Product Lines to provide market America with current view on product roadmaps. Provide real time feedback as customer intelligence is gathered.
- Drive the product lines to adapt roadmaps that will address market America customer needs.
- Continue to hold the product lines accountable by meeting or exceeding base timing milestone commitments.
Product Business Case & Competitiveness
- Work with Sales to support the product lines with business case needs when assessing a new or existing product on a product roadmap.
- Collaborate with the product lines to know when business cases are expected to occur, well in advance. Work with Sales to update SPOT.
- Provide market pricing feedback to the product lines to support value analysis and value engineering activities.
- Collaborate with Acquisition Management, Sales, and the Product Lines to clearly define a customer interaction plan for key upcoming key business RFIs / RFQs.
- Support customer meetings as needed to showcase product demonstrations, roadmaps, and USPs.
- Build a network with OEM engineering to gather customer intelligence for the market.
- Work with Sales and the customers to establish decoupled development opportunities.
- Regularly meets with central marketing team to review obtained ADAS data for NA region.
- Leads Market Analysis activities by generating and maintaining various views on strategic market aspects like technology and pricing trends, sales by OEM / by product / by supply base, etc.
- Work with external consulting firms to support the market America view as needed.
- Generate views to show Continental's position in the market, like current sales compared to competition and defined white spots.
- Generate views to show OEM development over time to clarify expected timeframes for business opportunity by vehicle type.
Competitive Analysis & Benchmarking
- Perform competitive analysis per product line and clarify the strengths and weaknesses to help identify focus areas.
- Work with central engineering teams to define benchmarking initiatives and summarize the results to help generate ideas onw how to strengthen our competitive position.
Legal Regulations & Infrastructure Planning
- Work with Homologation Team for current and upcoming regulations to clarify impact to market.
- Regularly meet with legal representatives to understand initiatives and mandates under review within the NA Government so that the market impacts are clear. Use this knowledge to identify potential competitive solutions in advance.
- Cross pollenate with global teams to share information and to better understand how NA OEMs could be impacted when selling cars in other regions.
- Research NA Infrastructure planning initiated to support active safety and autonomous driving solutions; support such proposals by providing a Continental view.
Emerging Markets & Technologies
- Research new and emerging Autonomous Driving technologies. Look for potential tradeshows to attend.
- Perform technical and risk assessments for emerging technologies that support autonomous mobility solutions.
- Identify new business models (ex. SaaP & HWaaS) and technology innovations that could be used to leverage USPs in market Americas.
- Work together with the appropriate products lines to provide specification feedback on advanced development projects.
Partnerships & Acquisitions
- Identify key players already established in the region to be considered for a partnership or acquisition.
- Identify opportunities with new players in the region to be considered for a partnership or acquisition (research institutions, startups, co-pace, etc.)
- Support investigations, research, and interviews to gather deeper insights.
- Perform technical and risk assessment to support business case proposals for new and existing players.
- Look for cross BA system solutions to help leverage the holistic Continental product portfolio.
- Relevant BS Engineering Degree.
- 7 years of Automotive experience on international teams.
- 5 years combined experience in Sales/Project/Product Management, and/or Technical Lead.
- 3 years of ADAS / AD product experience.
- 5 years of ADAS / AD product experience.
- Start up or Mergers & Acquisitions experience.
- Experience in product roadmap generation.
- Knowledge in finance & business case creation.
- 3 years leadership experience with an Engineering team.
- International experience working in Europe or Asia.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services