ADAS R&D Embedded System Test Engineer
Autonomous Mobility for You. Anywhere. Anytime. This is our vision, and in the Autonomous Mobility (AM) business area, we bring together all the competencies needed to make this vision a reality, and to put autonomous systems on the road. We strongly believe that Autonomous Mobility will enhance the quality of life of people and will increase the safety in the roads.
An ADAS/AM Embedded System Test Engineer is required to test the product or system to ensure it functions properly and meets its requirements. Test Engineers rigorously examine products, using creativity and technical skills to identify bugs and devise testing systems. You will design, implement, and execute the necessary tests to verify the embedded systems that enable the different ADAS/AM features. The Test Engineer also needs to be tactful and diplomatic to maintain a good working relationship with the development team.
As a System-Level Test Engineer you will support the development of ADAS/AM systems which may include technologies such as RADAR, camera, LIDAR, other related vehicle sensing components and as well high-performance automotive computers, which together enable driving functions and other automated driving features to make Autonomous Mobility happen. You will have hands-on experience with complex simulation/testing equipment for Bench and HiL virtual vehicle level system verification. Extensive understanding of automotive communication protocols and test design methodologies and techniques will make you successful in this position.
The System Test Engineers at AM aren't manual testers, if a test or process can be automated, they are responsible for the automation. They will write scripts and build tools to automate testing, so it is performed on a continuous basis.
- Design, develop, and execute test suites for ADAS features, products, and systems, based on customer requirements.
- Design and deploy suitable test specs/suites for System-Level Testing.
- Contribute to the design of new test environments and develop test automation tools.
- Automate tests using test frameworks.
- Documentation and reporting of test results.
- Work with development teams to fulfill customer requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electronics or similar.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- 3+ years of experience testing embedded systems, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Experience with test methodologies, designing test suites, creating test cases, and debugging.
- Intermediate knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, CAPL or Python.
- Experience with the use of lab equipment: Multimeter, signal generator, oscilloscope, data logger.
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Critical thinking and decision-making ability.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team as well as an individual.
- Fluent communication in English (TOEIC 900+) for project and technical communication.
- Very good communication and presentation skills. Cross-cultural competence.
- Technical writing; be able to convey information clearly and accurately.
- Willingness to travel for training and Go-&-See (internationally and/or domestically).
- Understanding of the automotive software development life cycle (V-Model, ASPICE)
- Experience with CANoe and CarMaker for test automation and simulation.
- Experience with automotive communication protocols: Ethernet, CAN, etc.
- Experience in active safety electronics systems.
- Familiarity/experience with ADAS or autonomous driving systems.
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g., DOORS) and software lifecycle management tools (e.g., IMS Integrity, JIRA, Github)
- ISTQB Certification, or similar.
- Experience on AGILE methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge on ASIL and Functional Safety.
- Knowledge on XiL: HiL, SiL, etc. (Simulation)
- Knowledge on Continuous integration
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.