Software Team Lead
As a member of our AN leadership team, the Software Team Lead is a key element in developing the organization through our most important asset, our employees.
As a Software Team Lead, responsibilities include:
- Single point of contact that owns all discipline topics for an assigned project
- Actively contributes to project reviews (e.g. manages and highlights discipline risks)
- Reviews effort estimations & timing and tracks execution vs commitment for the discipline
- Lead a chapter of SW engineers and take responsibility of the individual and chapter overall skills and experience.
- Be the coach and mentor for her/his chapter and possible other organizational structures.
- Do the evaluation of her/his directs reports in cooperation with the Scrum Masters and Product Owners and software TPLs
- Recruitment of new employees as well as talent retention strategy
- Eliminate impediments within his/her Chapter.
- Establish & monitor objective feedback channels to measure the performance of the organization.
- Act as a coach and teacher regarding organizational transformation topics
- Define, monitor and evaluate individual goals for his/her chapter
- Supervise and approve all the topics related to HR (Vacations, Trainings, etc.)
- Plan and evaluate the individuals performance of his/her chapter according the process and considering the feedback from Stakeholders (Facilitators and Value Responsibles) of his/her chapter.
- Execution of quality improvement and innovation strategies.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Experience Leading People (Technically or Disciplinary)
- SW Development Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Proficient English Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- ASPICE or Quality Framework Experience.
- Structured problem solving skills
- Experience in coaching, facilitating, and conflict resolution
- Negotiation Skills
- Risk Management
- Agile Methodology Experience
At Continental we are committed to building an inclusive and discrimination-free ecosystem in Mexico, these principles are rooted in our corporate philosophy and culture. Therefore, it is totally forbidden to request a pregnancy or HIV test as part of our selection processes.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental employs more than 240,000 passionately committed and talented people who realize the dream of mobility every day for customers and users in 59 countries and markets. Continental is the leading Tier 1 automotive supplier serving all of the world's major automotive manufacturers.
The automotive industry is in transformation, and so are we. At our Architecture and Networking (AN) Business Area, we are the key enabler for tomorrow's vehicle being always connected, comfortable, intelligent, secure (cybersecurity) and safe (functional safety).
Continental is all about curiosity, innovation and keeping the future in motion. The proof is in our broad portfolio of cutting-edge products (e.g. Telematic Control Units, Body Control Modules, Door Control Modules, Seat Control Modules, Virtual Keys, Passive Access/Start Modules, Trailer Brake Controllers). It also means that our employees enjoy a wide range of professional development and career opportunities.
We are looking for enthusiastic talents eager for challenges. We are looking for you!
Come join us and let your ideas shape the future.