Environmental Protection Officer (TM)
Legal & Corporate Compliance:
- Advise plant and company management on all aspects of environmental protection;
- Initiate the approval process with authorities for all matters requiring permits; ensure that all permits are obtain/reviewed on time;
- Monitor compliance with current ESH legislation, with Continental's internal regulations, and provide expertise on how this legislation and regulations can be met;
- Keep track of the rules and regulations under current legislative procedures and evaluate their possible effects on the site;
- Assess compliance with environmental protection standards and regulations when new techniques/ equipment is introduced;
- Designated as Waste Manager- ensure that all legal requirements regarding the waste management are met;
- Perform on time all reports and monitoring;
- Measurements required by the legislation and the environmental permit (e.g., monthly reports to AFM, reports to APM such as: Waste, packaging and VOC evidence etc).
Process and procedures:
- Develop and maintain appropriate environmental policies, procedures and work instructions
- Regularly monitor EMS implementation and ongoing improvement;
- Ensure that personnel are properly instructed and trained in environmental protection rules;
- Presentation of ISO14001 Management review for top management;
- Provide expertise and support in the planning and execution of investments in environmental protection;
- Detection of all necessary corrective and preventive actions (e.g., from audits, inspections, or reviews) in an overview document and monitoring of their implementation.
- Develop and communicate methods of raising employee’s awareness;
- Responsible to represent Continental at authorities concerning environmental protection;
- Responsible to report to Environment Corporate (Automotive division) all ESH relevant data: parameters, documents, etc in specific tools: SharePoint and SOFI;
Chemical substances management:
- Approve in CEOS all chemical substances purchased in the company;
- Review the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) to ensure that the legal requirements are met;
- Create/review Operating Instructions and ensure that are posted at the working stations;
- Maintain the Chemical Substances Database.
- Expert on environmental protection;
- English- Advanced;
- MS Office- Advanced;
- Degree in engineering or natural sciences;
- 3 years of experience in the field of environmental protection;
- 3 years of experience in industry.
What we offer:
- Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.