Maintenance Apprentice - 3rd Shift
The Maintenance Apprentice is responsible for maintenance functions associated with mechanical and electrical equipment within the plant and is an integral part of our team.
1. Troubleshoot and make quality repairs to mechanical, steam, hydraulic and pneumatic power transmission and drive systems.
2. Remove, replace and bleed air from fluid on hydraulic systems before and after maintenance work.
3. Remove and replace lubricant from mechanical systems eg gearboxes, bearings, slides etc.
4. Troubleshoot and make quality repairs to piping, both Ferris and Non-Ferris metal, screwed, welded, flanged or otherwise coupled; shut-offs, controls, check valves, traps, strainers, and all devices normally found in process and service piping.
5. Diagnose problems using the following tools: Hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical schematics, mechanical measurement devices, temperature and pressure gauges, dial gauges etc.
6. Do machinist work, use common machine tools to cut, shape and form materials.
7. Use appropriate hand tools to adjust, replace worn and broken parts of a structural, rotating, reciprocating or running nature.
8. Weld, both electric and gas, flat weld and pipe welding in any position.
9. Do sheet metal work for the repair of duct work, machinery guards, drip pans, tanks, vent hoods, and various other types of equipment using light to medium gauge metal.
10. Communicate with maintenance, engineering and production personnel in a positive and professional manner.
11. Follow LOTO procedures and wear proper PPE to maintain a safe working environment.
12. Assist the Area Engineer in keeping the maintenance of web pages up to date by identifying obsolete information, adding new instructions, drawings and manuals.
13. Be compliant with all plant, corporate, Continental, safety, Indiana and government codes, standards and policies.
14. Perform other duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Department Manager.
15. Assist maintenance supervisor in daily duties.
16. Be available for vacancy coverage and overtime as required from time to time.
17. Maintain a clean, organized and professional workspace (Toolbox and equipment where work is executed)
18. Perform other duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervision or Department Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0-6 months of outside maintenance technician experience (including troubleshooting & basic hydraulic and mechanical repair knowledge).
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation is not offered for this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all.
Hoosier Racing Tire is the largest race tire manufacturer in the world. Hoosier has grown to produce over 1000 different types of race tires. The company has its own 300-mph test wheel; a technology center; state-of-the-art, fully-integrated production facilities recently adding a high-tech mixing plant, with enough capacity to produce not only for Hoosier Racing Tire, but to have the ability to produce rubber for additional entities as well as a model sales and distribution network.
Our Hoosier location at Plymouth, IN is seeking a 3rd Shift Maintenance Apprentice to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?