An Electrician Utility position is responsible for completing some basic Electrician maintenance activities. The intent of this position is to develop associates to become full-time Electricians.
Responsibilities will include:
• Cleaning converter rooms
• Replacing air filters
• Battery checks on emergency vehicles, lifts, subs
• Emergency lights and exit lights inspections
• Checking / testing speaker systems
• Plantwide and / or office area lighting check and replacements
• Working on projects as needed
• Working with Call Electrician Technicians as needed
Fire Extinguishers & Eye Wash Stations – Servicing, maintenance, inspection and testing of all fire extinguishers & eye wash stations and other safety related equipment
• Changing of Filters – All filter inspections and filter replacement for air handling units and DX units
• Clean condensers and roof drains
• Unload solvents and oil as needed
• Rebuild pumps and valves
• Insulate & label pipes
• Preform environmental inspections
• Assist Steamfitters on projects when appropriate for training purposes.
• Must be mechanically inclined
• Must be a team player
• Must be willing to work 12 hour shifts, both day & night shifts
• Must supply own basic set of tools
• Must be willing to continuous education, to include college classes, learning from text books, videos, etc.
• Associates Degree preferred
• Starting Pay of $28.40/hr with the ability to get an additional $3.00/hr with certifications
• Great Benefits, 401k, Vacation and much more!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech business area focuses on smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber and develops digital and intelligent solutions in future-oriented sectors. In doing so, ContiTech draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services. The products, systems and solutions developed by ContiTech are used both in the automotive industry as well as in railway engineering, machine and plant construction, mining, agriculture and other important sectors of the future.