• Lays out, assembles, installs and tests electrical fixtures, apparatus, control equipment and wiring used in alarm, communications, and light and power systems in buildings and on plant property.
• Performs PM’s including cure control, load cells, temperature sensors, electronic measure machines, boiler, batteries, inspect and clean motors and replace motor brushes, emergency and exit lights, and others.
• Service, overhauls and repair defective electronic scales, tests scales with standard test weights, making necessary adjustments to mechanism to produce accuracy.
• Performs work from blueprint, sketch, or specification.
• Maintains power, light, and alarm wiring systems.
• Inspects, maintains, installs repairs all manner of indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures.
• Troubleshoots and maintains electronic controls.
• Replaces bearings on fractional horsepower motors, maintains automotive generators and starters. Work to include removal and installation of the motors and integral gear motors.
• Fabricate all electrical panels and controls.
• Keeps electrical equipment such as wiring, motors, switches, switchboards and other electrical mechanisms in good repair and operating condition. Performs various duties replacing any defective electrical equipment, cleans, oils, and repairs. Makes new installations and relocates equipment.
• Must be able to changeout & set up new PLC (process logic control) units
• Assist other maintenance personnel in the performance of their duties. Willing to accept assistance from other maintenance personnel. Willing to be trained on other job related duties.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
• Candidate must have solid leadership, presentation, problem solving, and group dynamics skills.
• Strong electrical experience with trouble shooting skills
• Ability to work off shifts as necessary.
• Must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
DESIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
• Technical or Associates degree.
• 3- 5 years of manufacturing experience.
• Starting wages of $33.82/hr with additional $3/hr increases based on certification.
• Great Benefits at Low Premiums, 401k and much more!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.