Mechanical Integrator for DS – Display Solutions (m/f/diverse)
With the ever-increasing digitalization, displays are becoming THE key differentiator of modern vehicle interiors and are the most important interface for the interaction of driver and vehicle. Changed user demands and new technologies enable novel interior cockpit designs. With our broad technical know-how and long experience in the field of instrumentation, Continental is the leading innovator for automotive display solutions.
As a mechanical integrator for display solutions, you will:
- Be part of PDC DS (product development centre display solutions) in our business unit UX (User Experience)
- Work in an international team and join technology specific trainings
- Be involved in a wide product range with different display sizes and different customers
- Work with the latest technologies on the market
- Have the chance of a career path as specialist in integration of complex mechanical architectures or expert in display solution specific fields
- Responsibility for the technical coordination and integration for all mechanical engineering related parts and modules within the product
- Ensures that the integration follows the defined architecture
- Verification of the incoming deliverables for integration (e.g. incoming inspection)
- Ensures that all integration tests are done
- Implementation of the integration with all related deliverables (e.g. SAP PDM definition) to the overall product integration
- Ensures that the mechanical engineering part lists in SAP-ERP (logistics system) (resp. sample DB) are correct
- Implementation of fault analysis, reproduction and reporting during integration
- Creation and maintenance of the integration schedule (as part of ME schedule)
- University degree in an engineering field (e.g mechanical engineering, mechatronics, plastic technologies, etc.) or a comparable qualification
- Experience in developing display products (TFT, OLED, backlight, touch system, die casting and plastic technologies) would be a major advantage
- Several years of experience in a technical area would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of product components (software, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering)
- Knowledge of development (all disciplines), test, integration and production (sample and final product) processes
- Knowledge of the sample shop, production departments, integration tools would be an advantage
- Good capability to work in a team of technical integrators from different disciplines (EE, ME, SE)
- Very good written and spoken English language skills
- Planning and organization
- Capability to take initiative
- Communication skills
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.