Software Engineer – Cybersecurity
In the future, the vehicle is permanently and seamlessly connected. This allows for new functions in the car and beyond, for example video conferencing or intelligent traffic management. However modern cars face the risk of attacks. Therefore, Continental Cyber Security is at the heart of the development of products and services.
To strengthen our Interior team in Porto we are looking for Embedded Software Engineers with passion for Cybersecurity. The successful candidate will be joining an international team working on components for the digital cockpit of the future including instrument clusters, high performance computers and 5G telematic control units.
Candidates do not need to have prior experience in cybersecurity specific positions; however, candidates must demonstrate a strong interest to grow and learn in this emerging automotive technology. Experience in embedded system design, particularly software or hardware design areas, will setup the candidate for success. As a Cybersecurity Engineer, you will lead the security design decisions, threat & risk analysis, and problem solving on application projects.
- Design and Implement security software components and protocols in C/C++;
- Understand Cyber Security requirements from customer and implement them efficiently;
- Integrate, test and validate the developed software components;
- Support in the analysis and identification of security weaknesses and the creation of a security architecture;
- Collaboration with customer and project development team to identify, analyze and specify Security & Privacy requirements;
- Provide product support and knowledge to production, customers and other engineers across development teams/sites.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related Engineering disciplines;
- Advanced programming skills in C and/or C++;
- Basic understanding of Cyber Security concepts: hashing and encryption algorithms;
- Ability to work in international teams and with international customers;
- Profound in English language (written and spoken).
- First professional experience in embedded system design
- General knowledge about automotive technologies and standards (UDS, Autosar, A-Spice, Functional safety, etc.)
- Knowledge of vehicle communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet)
- Experience with TCP/IP protocol suite including IPsec and other security relevant protocols
- Understanding of agile development processes (Scrum)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting and diversified projects
- An inside in innovative technologies of the automotive industry
- Wide network to research and development parties
- Modern leadership culture
- Individual choice of working times
- Promotion of personal development
- Participation to the company’s success
If you meet the requirements we will get in touch within the next 15 days.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Since 2006, Continental Engineering Services (CES) has been active worldwide as an independent operating provider of comprehensive engineering services. The extensive know-how and creativity of our engineers, as well as access to Continental’s entire technology pool, provides a unique position for our development: the flexibility and speed of small engineering teams combined with the strength of an internationally leading company. In addition, our adaptability enables established mass production technology to become a reality for small series and applications at economical costs.