Senior Development Engineer - Trajectory Planning Parking Functions (m/f/diverse)
We are looking for you to support our area Autonomous Mobility at the location Frankfurt.
Your tasks will focus on the following activities:
- Algorithm Development for Parking Functions
- Development of trajectory planning algorithms for low speed maneuvering of highly automated vehicles
- Design, implementation and testing of algorithms to be used in series production
- Systematic evaluation of trajectory planning algorithms (in simulation)
- Definition and evaluation of function requirements of the trajectory planning component
- Academic degree (preferably PhD) in robotics, computer science, electrical engineering, automotive engineering, engineering cybernetics or comparable education
- Proven expercience in the development of trajectory planning algorithms
- Experiences in the development of driver assistance functions (or similarly complex automated systems) and experiences with corresponding sensors (camera, ultrasonic sensor...)
- Initial leadership experience is an advantage
- Strong system understanding of complex chain of effects of sensors, functions, actuators including human machine interface
- Very good knowledge of C++ and some scripting language (preferably Python)
- Excellent English or Fluent English and good German skills
- Analytical & interdiciplinary thinking, interest in complex tasks
- Self-reliant, well-structured and organized working style
- Good team working skills in an international environment
- Customer oriented behavior
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services