Senior Legal Counsel - Antitrust Matters (m/f/d)- 236626BR
The position can be staffed in either Hanover or Frankfurt
- Provide legal advice on all applicable legal topics impacting questions regarding antitrust law (“Antitrust Matters”) within a given region or group sector of Continental. Such Antitrust Matters include, in particular, topics such as
- Reviewing, analyzing, and negotiating contracts and agreements of all kinds (horizontal & vertical aspects) e.g., supplier contracts, license agreements, cooperation agreements, terms & conditions
- Evaluating market dominance related market behavior
- Structuring meetings with competitors
- Evaluating association activities
- Performing antitrust due diligence
- Supporting in structuring M&A activities, including merger control filings
- Supporting cartel litigation including follow-on claims
- Supporting antitrust investigations
- Creating training materials and holding antitrust trainings
- Representing Continental in antitrust relevant panels, roundtables, task forces etc.
- Elaborate and implement standards with respect to all types of contracts and any other topic addressed above impacting Antitrust Matters
- Communication with antitrust authorities
- Collaborate with stakeholders inside and outside the global law department (including the IP department) with respect to Antitrust Matters
- Collaborate with the compliance department to foster a comprehensive and holistic coverage of all antitrust-related activities of Continental
- Select, manage, evaluate and steer external antitrust counsel
- Participate in regular legal and business meetings to review and stay apprised of pending and upcoming projects with antitrust relevance
- Understand the legal landscape of antitrust and track and report on changes and trends
- Fully qualified lawyer (m/f/diverse) with bar admission
- Experience as a fully qualified lawyer in a law firm, corporation, or both
- Several years of practical experience with antitrust matters (horizontal & vertical aspects, market dominance, cartel litigation, antitrust investigations, trainings in antitrust matters, antitrust due diligence)
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to write clearly and prepare professional communications. Strong negotiation skills
- Strong intercultural competence
- Very good German and English language skills (written and spoken)
- Other language skills are a plus
- Demonstrated excellent legal knowledge in antitrust matters, sound knowledge in related legal matters such as M&A, IP, commercial law etc.
- Deep understanding of the business, products and markets of an automotive supplier and sound strategic thinking with outstanding organizational and analytical skills for detailed and results-orientated solutions
- Knowledge of information technology and data management systems required (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong team player with willingness and ability to work in an international environment
- Ability and willingness to travel
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Click here to find out more.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.