BestDrive Commercial Sales Associate
The Commercial Sales Associate is the main contact for sales and service in a thriving Commercial Tire Dealership. The Commercial Sales Associate is in charge of sales for area fleets as well as promoting new tires, retreads and tire services. Daily solicitation of existing store accounts, as well as calling on prospective new accounts are essential to building a profitable book of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Solicit commercial truck tire accounts in designated areas
• Responsible for the sale of new truck tires, retreads and services
• Maintain current accounts with regular sales calls and follow up to accounts
• Learn and work through the existing business operating system for billing of above sales channels
• Maintain an acceptable profit margin
• Actively seeking new accounts and represent the company to potential customers.
• Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of products and services to provide accurate information to customers.
• Meeting established sales and gross profit goals.
• Evaluating customer needs and making recommendations
• Preparing weekly sales plans and completing all call reports following established company procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's license in good standing
- Previous Sales Experience
- Ability to work in a results oriented, fast paced environment as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication ability
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test
- Previous Commercial Tire Sales Experience
- 5+ years experience in the tire industry
- Retread tire knowledge
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Work hours are generally 7-5 Monday – Friday. Saturday and evenings as needed; may have little to no advance notice.
- This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb, lift and walk.
- Required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (safety shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.). Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
- Required to lift 75-100 lbs. routinely; may be required to occasionally lift up to 150 lbs. individually.
- Travel: 75% within Regional Area
Why you should apply:
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
BestDrive, a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental, is quickly becoming the top choice among commercial trucking fleets for our high-quality products and exceptional service. BestDrive Commercial Tire Centers specializes in providing fleet customers with innovative tire solutions including award winning Continental and General Tire brand products, innovative commercial solution products such as ContiPressureCheck, and a wide array of multi-brand truck tires to address all market segments. Since our founding in 2012, we presently have 25 locations throughout the United States and continue to rapidly expand our footprint throughout the country