Standard Testing Machine Engineer (m/f/diverse) - REF46293Q
The mission of the position is to plan, develop and implement Standard testing solutions (engineering activities) in order to meet targets regarding budget, performance and standardization with clear focus on customer (internal/external) expectations, Quality and technical compliance.
- Planning and executing standard testing solution engineering activities
- Support translation of Quality and technical compliance strategy into action plans and ensure implementation
- Contributing to strategic and operative planning of the Lab units (e.g. with respect to investments, capacity, technical equipment)
- Ensuring the achievement of technical specifications / engineering targets according to internal and external customer
- Carrying out regular and systematic benchmarking studies of the various manufacturers
- Systematic development of framework contracts for procurement, maintenance and updating of testing standard equipment
- Preparing, reviewing and managing the budget and forecast of customized engineering investment projects
- Implementing and conducting activities according to the budget established
- Ensuring that the financial goals are met
- Designing and implementing IT Equipment (i.e. software as e.g. PLC, MDA, MES, etc. and hardware as e.g. IPCs, control boxes, etc.; also Industry 4.0) according to standards and in cooperation with GSCF (defined standards)
- Supporting development and ensuring local implementation of central testing engineering standards
- Academic degree, preferably in production or engineering management, industrial engineering or related discipline
- Several years of professional experience in manufacturing, preferable in two functional areas, e.g. IE, quality, operations, etc.
- Cross-functional experience e.g. in maintenance, quality, supply chain or Lean Management preferred
- Comprehensive experience in rubber and plastic production processes advantageous
- Experience in the roll-out of standards and/or strategic projects
- Experience in working with international teams on production topics and understanding of foreign cultures
- Willingness for business trips worldwide, max. 20%
- Strong networking skills
- Strategical and analytical thinking
- Intercultural competencies
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits. Click here to find out more.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.