Intern - IT - Software Application Support, Year-Round
The intern will be responsible for the following:
- Support the requirement capture of functionality related to the New National Account Retail and Fleet project for the Americas.
- Communicate extensively with business partners to develop prototypes.
- Define process flows and interactions between multiple systems.
- Document existing software applications.
- Gain experience with Java web-based applications.
- Support IT and business teams to test software applications.
- Support project coordination/project management
- Analyze and provide feedback for improving existing processes
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Competitive pay
- Hands-on experience with the team
- Project experience
- Company lunch and learns
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Currently enrolled in a US accredited degree program for at least another 12 months and can dedicate 12 months toward this internship.
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8 or higher.
- Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during normal business hours (Mon – Fri).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good understanding of business processes and logical workflow steps.
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Must be detailed-oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills and able to work autonomously
- Able to work 25+ hours per week during normal business hours (Mon-Fri)
- Experience working with web development using Java, Angular, etc.
- Experience with Agile methodology
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic, and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.