Release Build Engineer for Automotive Aftermarket - SMY (TM)
Smart Mobility business area with 20 years of experience in Timisoara is a world-wide leading location for the development of products used in trucks, buses, vans, and other commercial vehicles.
Automotive Aftermarket segment is the partner for global aftermarket solutions and services. Visit our Continental Aftermarket website (https://www.continental-aftermarket.com/en-en) for a more detailed overview of the products we develop.
We are looking to consolidate a System Engineering team. As part of this team, Release Build Engineer will have to ensure that the integrated system accomplishes the intended functionality and special characteristics consistent with the system design and specifications.
If you own passion and curiosity and want to have insights and hands-on experience for the complete project, as an embedded developer, or an already integration engineer, join us!
- Integrate incoming deliverable (units, components, subsystems) to an integrated product and ensure interworking between them. Depending on the level of integration, the product can be a component, subsystem or a complete system.
You will be doing:
- Create and maintain integration plan;
- Define, setup and maintain integration environment;
- Perform integration, i.e. compose the deliverables to an integrated product;
- Create and maintain the integration test specification;
- Do quick checks to ensure the testability of the product and check that the product content is available;
- Ensure that the integration tests are done and that the requirements on test coverage are met;
- Provide the integrated product, the integration test report and the release note;
- Ensure delivery to customer and production;
- Collect, analyze and report discipline specific Key Performance Indicators;
- Troubleshooting issues identified during integration and delivery and resolve them in a timely manner;
- Supports the project management regarding technical questions.
Automation of the system integration processes is a requirement for this role.
*This role is not responsible for the complete validation of the product (which is handled by a separate team).
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
This is what it takes to be a successful candidate:
- University Degree (i.e. Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science);
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Software Development or Software/System Integration;
- Platform independent: works with Windows and Linux;
- Previous experience with Git/GitHub, Cmake Git/GitHub, Cmake, QA Tools (Klocwork, QAC/QAC++), Jenkins, Artifactory;
- Knowledge of scripting languages;
- Knowledge of test strategies and methodologies;
- Fluent in English.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t meet all the requirements listed above, your experience might still be relevant for this job. We encourage you to apply.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.