Industrial Engineering Summer Intern
This position is a training position, where under the guidance and control of the Industrial Engineering Manager, experience is gained in the use of Industrial Engineering Tools and Methods used in optimizing the manufacturing processes and reducing costs.
Analysis of production, Lean manufacturing methods, time studies etc. will be used to acquaint the trainee with the tools and methods used in optimizing manufacturing processes.
- Assists, in conjunction with other Industrial Engineering Personnel, to complete an assigned Individual project & one group project which will be evaluated.
- Support other daily tasks and projects.
- Perform floor time and methods study of both existing systems, and new systems.
* Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited degree program in one of the following fields: Industrial Engineering
* Students must be at a minimum a sophomore in standing, with the exception of those in a formal co-op program who may be hired as a freshman.
* All students must have good academic standing (minimum GPA of 2.8) at the university.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we've been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Mt. Vernon, IL location is seeking highly self-motivated and detail-oriented students for Industrial Engineering Summer Internships. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?