Production Superintendent - Tire Building
Direct, supervise, correlate, and instruct floor supervisor duties relative to production, quality, efficiency, and safety and employee morale. Plans PM schedules and coordinates with the Maintenance group. Assumes the duty of Area Manager in his/her absence.
1. Support business teams (BT) in the department by leading teams to solve problems, improve production, safety, quality, and cost reduction.
2. Maintain records relative to all shifts such as production, efficiencies, quality, efficiency, safety, attendance, overtime, and vacation scheduling.
3. Support for department budgeting.
4. Communicate with Floor Supervisors to relay information to ensure fluid and accurate production, including administrative duties as necessary for departmental accuracy and performance history.
5. Plan PM Schedules, work with engineers, an Industrial Engineering on new equipment planning and installation.
6. Provide and maintain a safe work environment.
7. Responsible for department ISO requirements.
8 Assumes the duty of Area Manager in his/her absence.
9. Perform other duties as directed by the Area Manager.
10. Create purchase requisitions in SAP/CEOS
• Must be able to read and understand written and oral instructions. as to specs, procedures, tolerances, and various construction and quality requirements
• Communicate with other inbound and outbound operators, production operators, and supervision.
• Demonstrates the characteristics of 5S to keep work areas neat, clean, aligned, and orderly.
• Follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and plant and departmental safety policies.
Ability to have high equipment and technical knowledge, Exceptional leadership skills, Team building skills, Ability to problem solve, Ability to multi-task, good communication skills, written and oral, Cost knowledge ability.
Work in CBS to support in areas where help is needed to develop the individual and team. Identify opportunities for improvement and uses soft skills to support. Make yourself aware of the team interaction and performance. Need to work with the new Manufacturing Suite.
Actively participate in business team meetings, follow-up on efficiency and losses development, improvement of OEE/TEEP, performance goal setting and ensure the CBS approach is being applied within the cross functional business team.
Follow up on correct application of standards with production and support development of Standard operating procedures.
Conduct improvement workshops on the shop floor with production and any other stakeholders within the area of responsibility.
Ensure the implementation of standards according to CBS and ensure that the CBS tools are being applied correctly.
Participate as a champion for the area of responsibility for an area wide initiative such as 5's or TPM.
Actively participate in the CBT coaching reviews of level 1 teams and assist the level 1 teams in achieving the defined targets and realizing the innovations coming from the level 1 team.
Ability to work in a hot, dusty environment must be able to walk long distances, and climb stairs. Work any hour and shift to accomplish job. Occasional travel may be required.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
2 or more years supervisory experience in manufacturing related field required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?