Green Tire Rework Operator
The Green Tire Rework/Scrap operator operates, tuggers, walkies, forklifts and material handling equipment for the purpose of collecting and weighing green waste and collecting scrap components from the tire building machines and returning those to the supplying departments as well as returning empty books/cassettes to their respective departments. Operator must always maintain accurate material identification and reporting.
1. Operator must be able to effectively communicate with supervision, other tire-room personnel, and any supplying department supervision.
2. Operator will follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and plant and departmental safety policies. Must be certified to operate a Forklift through the Safety Department.
3. Operator will follow standard practices and perform all work necessary to promptly and accurately obtain quality and quantity production, and keeping work areas neat, clean, and orderly.
4. Perform other duties as directed by the Lead Supervisor or Department Manager
• Must be able to read and understand written and oral instructions. as to specs, procedures, tolerances, and various construction and quality requirements
• Communicate with other inbound and outbound operators, production operators, other crew members and supervision.
• Demonstrates the characteristics of 5S to keep work areas neat, clean, aligned, and orderly.
• Follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and plant and departmental safety policies.
• Drives forklifts and operate other material handling equipment as needed and is responsible for the proper care and safe operation of the material handling equipment.
Medium to heavy work. Exposed to heat and dust. Must be able to frequently stoop, bend, twist, walk long distances, climb stairs, and lift 50 or more pounds on an occasional to frequent basis. Push, pull medium to heavy. Work any shifts or hours to perform the job.
• Performs other duties as directed by the shift leaders or management team.
Work in CBS to support in areas where help is needed in order to develop the individual and team. Identify opportunities for improvement and uses soft skills to support. Make yourself aware of the team interaction and performance. Need to work with the new Manufacturing Suite involving WPS/CGRS and TTKS. Ability to learn fast and to work well with the new Manufacturing Suite.
Actively participate in business team meetings, follow-up on efficiency and losses development, improvement of OEE/TEEP, performance goal setting and ensure the CBS approach is being applied within the cross functional business team.
Follow up on correct application of standards with production and support development of Standard operating procedures.
Conduct improvement workshops on the shop floor with production and any other stakeholders within the area of responsibility.
Ensure the implementation of standards according to CBS and ensure that the CBS tools are being applied correctly.
Participate as a champion for the area of responsibility for an area wide initiative such as 5's or TPM.
Actively participate in the CBT coaching reviews of level 1 teams and assist the level 1 teams in achieving the defined targets and realizing the innovations coming from the level 1 team.
HS diploma / GED
1-2 year experience in manufacturing preferred
Willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts – days, nights, and weekends.
Willing to Travel
Ability to operate a crane or Forklift
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS location is seeking a Plant Capital Investment Buyer to join our Purchasing team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?