Global Category Manager Energy (m/f/diverse)
In detail the position contains the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop, align, maintain, communicate and implement energy sourcing strategies (ie electricity & gas) and decarbonization sourcing strategies (ie EAC's, CRU's, Solar PPA's) based on company targets & ambitions
- Identify, develop and promote strategic suppliers based on SRM requirements and considering the strategy definitions in all relevant countries
- Achieve highest synergies and cost reductions through coordination & pooling of the needs, negotiations & contract conclusion with qualified suppliers
- Identify, initiate, accompany and tender projects in cooperation with all respective stakeholders (i.e. Engineering, Operations, EHS, Facility Management, Controlling, GF Environmental, GF Sustainability)
- Negotiate Framework Agreements and Direct Agreements in legal, logistical, commercial and partly even technical terms (Requirement Books, Specifications, Standards) in close alignment with stakeholders and steer the execution and implementation in respective regions
- Manage cross-sector commodity portfolios
- Define, implement and track relevant KPI's in coordination on a global scale according the Group target & KPI settings
- Monitor the respective markets & search for innovations
- Ensure Compliance i.e. with Business Partner Code of Conduct and Continental Code of Conduct
- Cross-sector and multinational responsibility with approx. 110 Mio € Purchasing Volume
- Academic degree in economic or financial field or comparable qualification
- Several years of professional experience in procurement and strategic sourcing of large companies with international background preferential in Energy-Commodity-Markets and Decarbonization Subjects
- Project Management skills
- Confident handling of MS Office programs especially in Excel and Powerpoint
- Fluent German and English language skills (written and spoken), further language skills are beneficial
- Very good analytic skills and ability to simplify a complex problem
- Negotiation skills, persuasion and good communication capability, Team-Player
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
Hybrid work style possible.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits. Click here to find out more.
What we offer
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.