Business Development Manager
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join the UK Interior Segment based in our Lichfield Office. The successful candidate will work closely with the Central Segment BD, Project Management and Sales teams playing a pivotal role in guiding the customer through the quotation process. A strong passion for technology is essential as the selected individual will serve as the primary liaison for addressing all technical inquiries from the customer during the acquisition phase. A proactive, self-motivated approach is highly desirable, as the role offers autonomy in shaping both the Business Development Manager role and strategy within the UK market.
- Coordination with Technology Leaders: Build relationships with the Interior Segment Business Centres to understand key technologies and services that can be offered to customers.
- Customer Development Planning: Work closely with the UK leadership, Sales and Project Management teams to identify and analyse new and existing customers (due diligence including company size, financial stability, key technologies, etc.) within the UK market and develop appropriate strategies for approaching them.
- UK Interior Segment Strategy: Leveraging customer and market insights to help shape the UK team’s strategy and long-term vision.
- Stakeholder Management: Initiate and maintain relationships with new and existing stakeholders to ensure that opportunities are brought to the business and deliver clear, concise information to both internal and external teams.
- Quote Support: support the quote management team (Project Management, Sales, Quality, Engineering) and drive the quote process to respond accurately, timely and competitively to customer requests.
- Brand advocate: educate and inform customers of the competencies, experience and portfolio offered by CES (both locally and globally)
- Previous experience in Business Development/Management, Sales, Marketing and/or Technical Engineering
- Good technical knowledge of electronics development and deployment of software, ideally in an automotive environment
- Entrepreneurial capabilities and interest
- Excellent communication skills, strong customer orientation and ability to motivate people
- Good knowledge of MS Office Tools, MS Project, SAP or similar
- Willingness and ability to travel (both UK and EU)
- German speaking would be advantageous
- Full UK driving license required for the position
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
• Additional holiday buying and selling scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Income protection and Life Assurance
• Company Pension scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/ Adoption Leave
• Training Opportunities
• Modern working environment
• Flexible working practices
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.