Transmission Engineer - Powertrain
- Actively manage customer expectations – inform and involve stakeholders on regular occasions and in appropriate manner.
- Managing new software releases on behalf of the customer within their project structure including all planning, testing, releases and sign-off for series production.
- Component ownership/development of Transmission ECU
- Resolution of faults and issues raised by manufacturing or other development teams internal to the customer
- BoM management of Transmission ECU
- Project Management/Signoff release documents including BoM release, Engineering/Production release, Change Requests and Permits
- Status reporting for all relevant concerns
- Planning test and development programs
- Planning and attending frequent field trials
- Experience working in Automotive Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Degree required
- Ability to use CAN and Flexray tools
- Knowledge and experience in Vector CANape vital, ETAS INCA desirable
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards, processes and rules and internal decision-making structures
- Risk management, Problem Resolution, Lessons Learned, escalation, claim management,
- Knowledge of relevant technology and processes, software and/ or services and different engineering and base solutions
- Effective communication with customers, customer relationship management, customer collaboration.
- Knowledge of Continental and its environment, the corporate strategy and its goals are desirable.
- Willingness to travel to support customer projects at multiple international locations.
- CAN Tools (Vector CANoe/CANalyser/CANape)
- Diagnostic Engineering Tool
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- 33 Days holiday
- Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible working.
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- Birthdays off
- Discount on gym membership for you and our partner
- Free Thrive app access
- Workwear provided
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Purchase more holiday days
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The ContiTech business area focuses on smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber and develops digital and intelligent solutions in future-oriented sectors. In doing so, ContiTech draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services. The products, systems and solutions developed by ContiTech are used both in the automotive industry as well as in railway engineering, machine and plant construction, mining, agriculture and other important sectors of the future.