Mechanical Engineer for FF PSS - Manufacturing TM
- Give input to the Manufacturing Concept for quote based on experience in production, lean principles, and robust processes;
- Implementation of the equipment and processes necessary for the product;
- Reports the project progress, participate in definition of corrective measures if deviating from the Project Plan;
- Participates and gives input in product PFMEA reviews - Design Checks and improvements;
- Implements Lean concepts during installation of production cells, keeping cycle time, FPY and product and process requirements given;
- Provide and promote continuous improvements for products and processes and projects in his/her area of responsibility;
- Managing the supplier's activities for the design review and follow-up in the equipment implementation process;
- Support and update of production equipment;
- Technical adviser on Business Unit level;
- Involved in standardization activities for back end assembly process;
- Support for world wide locations;
- New technology development and introduction Industry 4.0 integration – COBOTS, ROBOTS, big data;
- Developing new suppliers.
- University Degree in Mechanics/Mechatronics field;
- Experience in Automotive or Electronics Production Engineering is mandatory;
- Good knowledge of various tools used for mechanical design process, such as CAD tools, Solidworks is a plus;
- Good English knowledge;
- Results orientation.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.