Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Mt. Vernon, IL location is seeking a highly self-motivated and passionate Maintenance Technician to join our Engineering & Maintenance group. The ideal candidate has strong troubleshooting and mechanical skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintenance functions associated with mechanical and electrical equipment within the plant.
1. Troubleshoot and make quality repairs to mechanical, steam, hydraulic and pneumatic power transmission and drive systems.
2. Remove, replace and bleed air from fluid on hydraulic systems before and after maintenance work.
3. Remove and replace lubricant from mechanical systems eg gearboxes, bearings, slides etc.
4. Troubleshoot and make quality repairs to piping, both Ferris and Non-Ferris metal, screwed, welded, flanged or otherwise coupled; shut-offs, controls, check valves, traps, strainers, and all devices normally found in process and service piping.
5. Diagnose problems using the following tools: Hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical schematics, mechanical measurement devices, temperature and pressure gauges, dial gauges etc.
6. Do machinist work, use common machine tools to cut, shape and form materials.
7. Use appropriate hand tools to adjust, replace worn and broken parts of a structural, rotating, reciprocating or running nature.
8. Weld, both electric and gas, flat weld and pipe welding in any position.
9. Do sheet metal work for the repair of duct work, machinery guards, drip pans, tanks, vent hoods, and various other types of equipment using light to medium gauge metal.
10. Communicate with maintenance, engineering and production personnel in a positive and professional manner.
11. Follow LOTO procedures and wear proper PPE to maintain a safe working environment.
12. Assist the Area Engineer in keeping the maintenance of web pages up to date by identifying obsolete information, adding new instructions, drawings and manuals.
13. Be compliant with all plant, corporate, Continental, safety, Illinois and government codes, standards and policies.
14. Perform other duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Department Manager.
15. Assist maintenance supervisor in daily duties.
16. Be available for vacancy coverage and overtime as required from time to time.
17. Maintain a clean, organized and professional workspace (Toolbox and equipment where work is executed)
18. Perform other duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervision or Department Manager.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
· Immediate Benefits
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition & Employee Discounts
· Annual Bonus
· Employer 401(k) Match
· And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
· Associate's Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electronics, Automotive Technology, Manufacturing Technology, or similar or
Successful passing of the mechanical test and having 3-5 years of experience or completing the Rockwell program.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
· Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
· Previous manufacturing facility experience
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.