Extrusion Crew Member
The Extrusion Crew Member I performs job duties in cooperation with and under the direction of the Operator Team Leader and Department Supervision to ensure production and quality needs are met for sidewall, tread, shoulder pad, innerliner, squeegee, belt edge and gum components. The Extrusion Crew Member is required to perform all the necessary functions on his assigned equipment (Book, Operate Mills, Extruders, Calendars, Relief, Utility) to provide for an efficiently run piece of equipment. The PCM is responsible for internal relief of other crew members as necessary, the packaging identification, and storage of extruded components, and the proper material handling of all items related to the job assignment.
• Coordinate, assist, and cooperate with the Processing Operator (Machine Leader) and other process crew members to ensure correct set-ups and produce a quality product.
• Use and monitor on and offline quality systems to ensure components meet specified quality standards.
• Efficiently utilize equipment while meeting customer requirements. Instructions for operation will be both oral and written, with specifications for extrusion measurements having close tolerances.
•State, read, and react to Machine Set-Up Specs (MSS)
• Responsible for checking transporting supplies and utilities services needed for Extrusion/Calendar processes.
• Follow required SOPs (standard operating procedures) and WI (work instructions) while performing necessary tasks to promptly and accurately obtain quality and quantity production, follow plant Safety policies, Plant policies, Environmental policies, and follow all 5s practices keeping working areas neat, clean, and orderly.
• Possess and apply problem solving skills in the event of machine problems.
• Able to read specifications, use hand tools, and gauging devices to monitor current and ongoing product quality
• The Crew Member's time will be accurately and correctly indicated on time sheets or electronically according to operation number, rates, and the number of units cured.
HS diploma /GED
1 year in manufacturing preferred
Knowledge of Computers
Experience preferred using PIV (powered industrial) vehicles
Willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts – days, nights, and weekends.
• Successful completion of a minimum Work Keys:
-Applied Math 4
-Locating Information 4
-Reading for Information 3
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS, location is seeking a Extrusion Crew Member to join our manufacturing team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?