Facilities Custodian 2nd or 3rd Shift
- Cleans, sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors. Vacuum carpets and cleans upholstery.
- Washes windows, blinds, screens, sills, woodwork, doors, desks, walls, and ceilings.
- Cleans and sanitizes rest rooms and refills dispensers of paper products-hand towels, toilet paper, etc.
- Cleans, dusts and wipes furniture; empty, and if necessary, clean waste baskets, recycle bins and trash containers.
- Follows instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Locks and unlocks doors as needed to complete the cleaning. Ensures building and rooms are secure when not in use, checking for locked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, turn-off lights.
- Collects and disposes of outside trash/waste, shovels snow, maintains outside sidewalks, and assists in keeping outside premises in an orderly condition.
- Setting up and taking down tables and chairs for classes/programs/training/board meetings.
- Safe use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools: buffers, auto scrubber, extractor, pressure washer, high speed buffer, vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- G.E.D. or H.S. Diploma
- Experience in custodial, building maintenance or general labor.
- Skill in operation of various power equipment and hand tools.
- Knowledge of custodial equipment, floor scrubbers/buffers and basic tools utilized in building maintenance and cleaning.
- Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions, make routine decisions independently, sustain long periods of light to moderate heavy physical activity and work harmoniously with others. Participates in cost reduction/control programs.
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Successfully completed all company training as required.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries.
The Wahpeton, ND location is seeking a Facilities Custodian to join our team.