SW Telematic Engineer (Sr. Staff)
The team develops and maintains firmware for telematics hardware platforms. This role requires experience with embedded firmware development, ideally in an Agile Scrum environment. The candidate should possess excellent programming and debugging skills with the use of hardware and software tools and test equipment to deliver high quality, high performance firmware.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four year college or university in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field; and 5+ years of experience in embedded development with escalating responsibilities; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience writing C/C++ code for embedded devices (Python a plus).
• Experience with best practices for software development, including Agile methodologies and the use of tools for issue tracking, documentation, static code analysis, and unit testing.
• Ability to analyze and understand an existing codebase and use that knowledge to troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve issues.
• Experience with real-time operating systems (embedded Linux experience highly desired).
• Experience with common microcontrollers and microprocessors (ARM Cortex-M3/M4 highly desired).
• Experience with automotive databus interfaces highly desired (CAN, J1939, UDS, OBD-II, J1587).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understand behavior of legacy code in order to troubleshoot bugs or extend features.
• Break down user and technical stories into smaller tasks. Provide accurate estimates for task completion time. Assist others in breaking down stories and improving their estimation.
• Lead architectural and design reviews.
• Work with product management to define user and technical requirements.
• Review and implement protocols for interacting with backend and mobile software.
• Read schematics and component datasheets to understand requirements for hardware driver implementation. Provide recommendations to hardware engineers for component selection based on firmware needs.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services