Maintenance Technician (Valves) 3rd Shift
• Properly maintain high speed automation equipment, tooling and associated machinery to designed standards.
• Meet or exceed production standards and reduce product reject rates.
• Work with Engineering to continuously improve Quality, Cycle Times, and Process Performance.
• Monitor measurement systems, SPC or other performance indicators and proactively respond to negative trends
• Review product FMEA’s and Control Plans.
• Skilled multi-craft technician capable of repairing electro-mechanical, pneumatic & hydraulic devices.
• Use basic hand tools as well as micrometers, calipers, multi-meters, and other test equipment.
• Troubleshoot pneumatic/hydraulic circuits and analyze documentation in assigned area of responsibility.
• Perform basic PLC programming skills for troubleshooting equipment and associated processes.
• Capable of product evaluation, process or equipment troubles. Facilitate repairs or adjustments to improve the performance of the line and comply with quality standards.
• AAS Degree, or within 12 months of obtaining, in a technical discipline such as Mechatronics, Electronics, Robotics, Computer or Mechanical engineering technology; OR
• Possess a State Approved Journeyman’s Card; OR
• A minimum of 4 years technical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Associates Degree in a technical discipline plus 2-5 years of experience in electro-mechanical maintenance
• Automotive manufacturing experience.
• Automation of processes.
• Blueprint/schematic reading, access and read electrical, pneumatic and mechanical drawings in SAP/CSE.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.