Product Development Engineer (Global cost out expert/value analysis)
- Lead/participate cost saving activity internationally
- Product development of rolling lobe air springs for truck and/or trailer applications
- Manage product development projects according to APQP / PPAP and IATF 16949 as well as customer specific standards
- Calculate and design rolling lobe air springs and their components
- Create geometry for component parts and product drawings, supported by CAD department
- Define material specifications for air spring bellows and assembly parts
- Create IMDS datas.
- Technical support for commercial product calculation
- Plan, commission and evaluate product tests in collaboration with test department
- Carry out sampling and obtain customer approval
- Maintain quality documentation in accordance with current standards (e.g. PPA report)
- Interface function towards PPI
- Technical support for supplier development
- University degree in mechanical or production engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in product development or product industrialization
- Basic product calculation skills
- Basic SAP knowleadge
- Basic knowledge of methods for product development / design
- Basic project management and planning skills
- Intercultural experience
- Language knowledge: fluent English and Hungarian
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.