Maintenance Intern Technician
Vaše náplň práce
Continental Norfolk is looking for Maintenance Technician Interns who are currently attending classes for an Industrial Maintenance Electro-Mechanical or related degree and can working approximately 20 hours during the school year at the Norfolk Continental Plant.
You will assist our full time maintenance technicians to:
- Safely and efficiently troubleshoot, diagnose, repair & maintain a variety of manufacturing equipment and machinery across our facility.
- Set up/operate machining tools such as engine lathe, milling machine, drill press, grinders
- Alter/construct replacement parts, recondition production tooling
- Maintain plant plumbing, heating, cooling equipment
- Read & understand electrical diagrams and blueprints
- Have a working knowledge of PLCS, electronics & mechanical system
- Weld, fabricate and machine
- Flexible hours due to changing school requirements
- Additional duties as needed
- Must currently be attending classes for an Industrial Maintenance Electro-Mechanical degree or related degree, with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Must be able to work 20 hours a week at the Norfolk Nebraska plant during the school year(we will be flexible based on school responsibilities)
- Engineering students or graduates will not be considered for this position
- Experience in maintenance or mechanical related work
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Self-motivated with high energy
- Desire & ability to continuously learn & apply new knowledge/skills
- Values teamwork & skills necessary to be an effective team member
- Previous maintenance or manufacturing experience
- Hands on experience in a maintenance or mechanical capacity
- Knowledge of PLC’s, electronic & mechanical systems
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulic systems
- Industrial electrician experience
- Welding, fabrication and machining skills
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing tools & techniques.
- Passion for quality workmanship
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Join Our World Class Team!!!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.