Intern - Optics, Laser, MEMS Characterization
Vaše náplň práce
The intern will be responsible for the following:
- Testing and characterization of lasers, MEMS, optical systems, and full LiDAR systems
- Develop test automation, including writing test scripts and automation routines
- Develop, support, or execute environmental testing plans of lasers and optics
- Work closely with optical engineers and test team in fabrication of custom test fixtures
- Support LiDAR sensor testing
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Competitive pay
- Hands on experience with the team
- Project experience
- Company lunch and learns
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Currently enrolled in a US accredited degree program pursing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or similar
- Programming language experience (LabView, Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Lab experience: use of oscilloscopes, multimeters, optical meters, opto-mechanics
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
- Must be able to work onsite at our Santa Barbara, CA location
- Minimum sophomore standing or higher
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong communication skills
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we are changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our global LiDAR development is headquartered in Santa Barbara, California. For this location, the Laser and Optics Domain is looking to strengthen our team with a highly motivated and technically skilled intern. This intern will work closely with engineers to aid in test and characterization of optical components, fiber lasers, MEMS, and/or LiDAR systems.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?