Cold Prep Operator
Vaše náplň práce
The Cold Prep Operator is responsible for the operation of the equipment that produces body ply, breaker. wire chafer and slit gum components for the commercial operations in this facility. The Cold Prep Operator is responsible for ensuring quality components, ensure adequate stock, control proper inventories, troubleshoot and maintain machines.
• React quickly to equipment downtime or other extraordinary condition and must notify supervision whenever such conditions occur.
• Use and monitor on and offline quality systems to ensure components meet specified quality standards.
• Work must be planned by the Cold Prep Operator to efficiently utilize equipment while meeting customer requirements. Instructions for operation will be both oral and written, with specifications for extrusion measurements having close tolerances.
• Must have the ability to state, read, and react to Machine Set-Up Specs (MSS)
• Responsible for checking supplies and utilities services needed for Extrusion
• Follow required SOPs (standard operating procedures) and WI (work instructions) while performing necessary tasks to obtain quality and quantity production, follow plant Safety policies, Plant policies, Environmental policies, and follow all 5s practices keeping working areas neat, clean, and orderly promptly and accurately.
• Possess and apply problem solving skills in case of machine problems.
• Able to read specifications, use hand tools, and gauging devices, to monitor current and ongoing product quality.
• The Cold Prep Operators time will be accurately and correctly indicated on timecards or time sheets or electronically according to operation number, rates, and the number of units cured.
HS diploma /GED
1-3-year experience in manufacturing preferred
Able to lead and foster teamwork
Able to read and understand specifications, follow written and oral instructions, Able to work with limited supervision
Knowledge of Computers
Experience preferred using PIV (powered industrial) vehicles
Willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts – days, nights, and weekends.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.