Mold & Tooling Designer
Vaše náplň práce
Continental Tire has been around for over 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all.
Hoosier Racing Tire is the largest race tire manufacturer in the world. Hoosier has grown to produce over 1000 different types of race tires. The company has its own 300-mph test wheel; a technology center; state-of-the-art, fully-integrated production facilities recently adding a high-tech mixing plant, with enough capacity to produce not only for Hoosier Racing Tire, but to have the ability to produce rubber for additional entities as well as a model sales and distribution network.
Our Hoosier location in Plymouth, IN is seeking a Mold & Tooling Designer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Mold Designer position involves programming for tire lines and developing CAD models (and parametrical models) based on requirements from Tire Engineer and the Department Manager. It includes tasks such as analyzing and optimizing tire contours, sidewall and tread designs, tooling design, creating manufacturing instructions and specifications, and producing various drawings and documents for mold orders. The Mold designer is responsible for mold order administration, compliance with QMS documentation, and creating technical mold descriptions. The position requires checking and releasing approved drawings (by the Tire Engineer or Department Manager) and collaborating with mold manufacturers and customers. Additionally, it involves the development of software tools and processes, handling mold test and check (of the dimensions), providing training to colleagues, and serving as an interface between Tire Engineers and Vendors. The role may also involve project leadership and continuous improvement of processes.
- Design and model molds, mold drawings, mold parts and mold tooling for existing and new sizes and existing and new tire lines
- Develop and program CAD model (and parametrical CAD models) based on requirements from Tire Engineer and Department manager
- Create Manufacturing Instructions for a vendor for 2D/3D for mold orders according to internal QMS instructions and rules
- Full responsibility for the mold ordering process. Compliance with internal QMS documents and instructions and coming up with suggestions for an update (continuous improvement)
- Creation of Technical mold description.
- Check and release of approved drawings, specifications and CAD models into the database
- Dispatch the drawings to the mold manufacturer and customers, process update
- Communication with the current and potential new vendors
- Work with Tire Engineers and Processing Engineers to ensure the highest quality
- Monitor the wear status of the current mold and tooling portfolio
- Support Tire Engineers with the maintenance of the tooling databases (mold, drums…)
- Improve and maintain mold design at the highest quality level (low cost, low scrap, high performance)
- Collaborate with Process Engineering Department and lead actions that will help to solve product quality issues
- Improving manufacturing process and efficiency
- Comply to quality relevant cross-inspection procedures
- Support Tire Engineers with the review of ineffective designs and find solutions to solve technical issues
- Improve and design guidelines for mold development processes, plant capabilities, and tire building processes to speed up tire introduction and SOP process
- Creating and supporting suggestions to improve the tools and processes used
- Provide training to mold design colleagues in assigned areas, sharing of information and experience
- Communicate regularly with Product Development regarding opportunities to improve the current existing mold and tooling portfolio
- Regularly exchange knowledge and information with Continental colleagues.
- Learn about new tire molds and tooling by reading trade journals, and technical publications and through the exchange with Continental colleagues.
Why You Should Apply
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Associate's Degree in Drafting, CAD Design, or similar field
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Relocation will not be offered for this position
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or similar field
- 3+ years experience in mold & tooling design within a manufacturing environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.