Product Manager OES
Vaše náplň práce
This position oversees and controls all aspects of Product Management of our OES portfolio. This includes product loading, setup and system maintenance in SAP, cost and pricing reviews, coordinating and providing technical sales to internal and external customers; coordinating with supplying plants on engineering and commercial issues, working with the sales team to generate quotes to OES customers, and inventory control including part number phase-in and phase-out.
- Define NA portfolio strategies in alignment with Continental manufacturing locations for the OES market segment; define product requirements when product is coming out of serial production and transitions to OES; work with business development to create and review business cases; coordinate with production facility on timeline and customer transition; work closely with sales team to coordinate sales effort to OES customers.
- Assist business development in quoting new business; coordinate projects with Continental Engineering and manufacturing sites
- Technical coordination and interface with customers regarding the customer requirements for manufacturing, packaging and labeling
- Support the Logistics team by preparing and delivering technical documentation to support the kitting, manufacturing or assembly process and document necessary steps in databases.
- Perform reviews of customer technical specifications and the associated vehicle architecture and work with Quality dept to ensure technical documentation, work instructions etc. are up to date.
- Work with the Continental sales manager and the finance team to develop a business case and quotation that meets the project requirements, and then provide support during the quote presentation
- Act as the technical lead during the project launch process, assisting with product testing, and working with the manufacturing team to ensure that technical requirements are met
- Be responsible for handling any product changes that arise during the project launch or afterwards
- Support and coordinate procurement, delivery of fixtures and tooling to support plant or customer timing of new product, equipment, and processes.
- Conduct all necessary studies to monitor and document process stability
- Implementation of corrective actions to reduce scrap, rework and increase stability
- SAP Product Management Functions – SAP material/status management; product lifecycle, inventory control
- Prepare documentation containing information that includes technical specifications to facilitate the introduction existing and new products to meet customer or market demand
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent
- 2+ Years of work experience in Project and/or Product Management, Technical Product Management, or similar
- Advanced MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Travel 25% during the initial onboarding period, 10% travel afterwards
***Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Continental is able to offer visa support for individuals who hold existing valid employment visas
*** Continental will provide relocation to current Continental Employees
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- SAP or other WMS knowledge
- Knowledge of the Automotive OEM industry
- Experience in Product Life Cycle Tools
- Expereince working with OEM's like Ford, GM, Stellantis ETC.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.